I was working on more mushrooms for my Gnome house and I got the urge to make one into it's own creature. I actually got the idea from a book I own called "How To See Fairies".
Anyway, it was spur of the moment so you'll never believe what I used to make this face... tissue paper soaked in glue and water!
So I just started with goo...
It took about an hour or three to get it just the way I wanted.. or I should say, as good as I could get it, then when I was happy I put
it in the oven to dry.
Well that almost ruined him! His face bloated right up and lost most of his features. Unfortunately I don't have that photo because I thought I ruined him and I wasn't thinking that he'd end up here. But just imagine the above face as a big bubble!
So I sat down with him and thought about it then I decided to at least try and save him. The top layer was all dry but the inside was still wet so I went in through the sides of his face and pushed the tissue around and sculpted him from the inside while pinching different spots on the outside to get some of those awesome wrinkles back.
And oh what happiness, that worked!
Now to paint him and give him some hair... come back soon to see how he turned out!
Update!And if you missed my last post about my first batch of mushrooms check it out here.
part 2 is here