Here's a dresser I made out of matchboxes. It looks very pretty, I love the color! And that's where it failed in the end! Ok, so we'll start at the beginning...
I made a log bed out of tin foil and paper mache and it turned out more beautiful than I could have imagined. If you missed it, see it here. Then I decided I need a matching dresser. So I started with
matchboxes and cardboard.
And again, I had no plan really I just dove into the project and I ended up having to change things along the way. But doing things this way usually turns out for me. I was pretty happy with the frame of the dresser and I could slide the "drawers" in and out!
Then I gave it some instant coffee stain just like I did for the bed and wowee, it was pretty!
Gnomey came around and he had some complaints. Mostly it was too tall.
It's too tall. What are you thinking?? He asked.
Well Gnomey, the dresser wasn't built for you. I built it for another Gnome, a Gnome you haven't met yet. He's taller than you... shorty! lol oops, I shouldn't make fun of your height, sorry about that! You're just perfect but the dresser isn't for you.
Now if I had stopped here with the color I would have had a really nice matching set but it was late at night and I decided to go a little darker with the stain. I left it over night and by morning I realized I had made it too dark!
But I won't cry or throw a fit because it actually was a little too big, (don't tell Gnomey I admitted that!!) and I was going to make another one anyway. I'll save this dresser for another house. One day I'll be happy I messed it all up!
Here let me show you the huge difference in color between the beautiful log bed and the dresser..
Gnomey jump in there too, everyone will love to see you!
I'll make another matchbox dresser soon. When making miniatures there's really no failures if we learn something along the way!