I'm sure you've all seen the gif on facebook? If not, google "Skeleton Fairy". I saw it last year.. or maybe even 2 yrs ago and ever since have wanted my own Skeleton Fairy.
Finally, today, here he is! I named him Steven. He now sits on a dark cloud here at my desk.. giggling away. I will make him a little room box of his own one day but for now he's fine where he is.
What I used to make the Skeleton Fairy:
- plastic skeleton ~ try to get one with a long neck. The one pictured on the left is not the one I used to make Steven.
- 1 pair of dollar store butterfly wings, painted. I used nail polish then white washed them when they were dry.
- white paint ~ it comes off the plastic skeleton when rubbed so maybe a primer first?
- x-acto knife ~ I cut down the middle of his teeth so his jaw would open. I also cut all the limbs then glued them back in the position I wanted.
- hot glue
- cardboard covered in white stuffing for the cloud
- black paint for darkening the cloud
- toothpick with a star glued on for the wand.
- crinoline and needle and thread for the skirt.